Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I cannot receive calls on my landline, though I can make

Customer Question

I cannot receive calls on my landline, though I can make calls out. Incoming calls, just ring once and then cut off. What should I do?
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: It's a BT system
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been going on for about a week. So far, we have checked all the leads (we have three landline phones on the same line).
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I do manage to pick up after one ring, there is a lot of crackling on the line.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the BT hub (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the BT hub , turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My husband is currently on the phone, so I cannot disconnect at the moment. I'll do it as soon as I can.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.