Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Canon MX920 printer and have a code 6000 error - I

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX920 printer and have a code 6000 error - I can see the jammed paper but cannot get it out.
JA: Is your MX920 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I am not sure - should I try that?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have done that and the Support Code 6000 message is still there
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.