Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Printer is printing with vertical stripes - do I need to

Customer Question

Printer is printing with vertical stripes - do I need to clean something? How do I do this please ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: canon pixma mg5600
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: just yesterday and today again
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: i don’t know - I’m on a steep learning curve - with most things, my husband dealt with computers etc. , but he has recently died. Sorry to be a nuisance
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don’t think so - I just to print please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, I’ve turned off the power
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That was far too easy !! Made NO difference at all - sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I started to do as you said and realised that the lines of the paper are horizontal - shall I continue as you said ?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

yes please