*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Since coming back from holiday my tv has channels missing

Customer Question

Hi since coming back from holiday my tv has channels missing how do I get them back?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's a panasonic I don't know the model number it is over 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes it does I'm not sure what you mean by all sources/inputs?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: I did get a message on screen that channel 65 was changing that was in December all the channels were working before I went on holiday 3 weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 14 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The best option will be to try power cycling the tv and your internet modem.
When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.
If you power cycle your tv, and wireless router, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.
Follow these steps please.
Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.
Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.
If that fails let me know the name of your source input please. Sky box, freeview, etc...