*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I am unable to access sky. We started a new plan on 26th

Customer Question

I am unable to access sky. We started a new plan on 26th September and all was ok until half way through December when we simply had a notice on screen stating that our viewing card was unauthorised.
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: TV, in particular Sky Sports and it's Tottenham playing this evening!
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic about 10 years old, works perfectly well.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works well. Problem could be to do with the viewing card. One of your mobile technician came here to help transfer to Sky Q but said he couldn't help because we needed to change the dish and it was on the roof which he said he was not going to attempt to climb. But if that is the case why did the service continue until mid December?
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: I don't think it's an issue with Panasonic. We were perfectly happy with the service except for the monthly cost. I called Sky in September 2019 and alterations were made including reducing our cost but that's no good if we've lost the channels (obviously).
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, do you need our account number and/or name?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Does the dish have to be changed to receive Sky Q? What happens if I insert the new viewing card with my existing dish?
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 11 days ago.

My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Follow these steps please>

1. Press services on your Sky remote, select Settings, and then Details. Make a note of your Sky box Version Number, 10 or 11-digit Serial Number, 9-digit Viewing Card Number, and Receiver ID.
  2. Sign into https://activatemychannels.sky.com/activate with your SkyID
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions, entering the details you made a note of earlier

Card activation usually takes a few minutes, but can sometimes take up to four hours. Make sure that your Sky box remains connected and switched on until your channels are active.

Once you can watch live TV on channel 106, your card's been activated.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Randy
Do I put my new Sky Q viewing card in the box or leave the old one in there, bearing in mind the possible dish problem?

use the new one.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ll leave it for the time being and look again tomorrow. I just seem to be racking up charges and getting weary with this problem. We pay a hefty monthly subscription and expect a certain amount of service not demands for still more.

okay,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please cancel my 7 day trial. Problem has been solved.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 9 days ago.

That's great news!