Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My old Panasonic TV keeps switching itself of or going onto

Customer Question

My old Panasonic TV keeps switching itself of or going onto analogue.
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It's at least ten years old. Have just bought a fire stick for it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I Use the panasonic remote to put it onto AV and select sky ()or streaming channel. Then I use the Sky remote to select menu. It switches off sometimes trying to choose AV. But now its switching off anytime.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: Nothing. My daughter noticed this last night. I didn't know and watched TV this morning for a while before it started switching off again.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know how this system works? Who do you connect me to and what's the charge?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 days ago.

This can happen if the buttons are sticking on the remote control, or if there is a fault with the TV's control panel.

First, try taking the batteries out of the remote control to help rule it out as the problem.

If the problem persists, then the problem is with the TV's built-in control panel.

A local electronics repair shop can fix or disable the control panel to stop if causing this problem.

---------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Have a good Sunday,

Pete.