Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My tv suddenly tonight has stopped working saying service

Customer Question

Hi my tv suddenly tonight has stopped working saying service not running or not available its a two year old Panasonic tv. It’s also said telling tv aerial but it’s connected and was working fine an hour ago. I have two old sky leads that I have plugged into my freesat box until tonight? It’s a windy evening but surely that can’t be the problem?!
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a Panasonic TX49EX600B just over two years old
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: also since moving Into my new house in December Ive got broadband but the tv won’t connect to the internet either?! Can’t use any apps
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s all thanks how much is the service
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!Reception problems can be caused by:Fault with the antenna, for example:UHF aerial is incorrectly aligned or obstructed
Satellite dish is incorrectly positioned or obstructed
Corrosion in parts of the antenna due to constant exposure to the elements;
Fault with the cabling or connections, for example:Loose connections from the antenna cable to the TV;
Product fault or misuse:You may wish to contact the manufacturer of your device to check, for example, does your product have the latest firmware upgrades?
If you have regular reception issues your antenna system should be checked.First try a "Cold Retune"...
Switch off your device at the wall (this is the receiver, recorder or TV that your antenna cables is connected to)
Reconnect all cables at the back of the TV or box, making sure that the cables are all properly connected (you want to avoid loose cables that could cause signal loss) and if you have a signal booster connected, try removing that and plug the antenna cable straight into your receiver, recorder or TV.
Wait a little while for any overheated devices to cool down.
Power ON your TV and receiver / recorder box.
Retune your device. You'll find tuning options in Menu or Settings. If you need instructions, please refer to your Device Manual, or for guidelines, see here.
If this doesn't help, it's most likely there's an antenna fault at play here.Our recommendation is to contact a local installer in your area who can provide on-site diagnosis and fix. Here's a free online directory where you can find a local installer. It's best to ring around for a few quotes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok Thankyou I have tried disconnecting all cable and retuning and nothing! So must be a fault... are you able to help with the internet connection to the tv so I can Atleast watch the internet or does that require the aerial to be working correctly? Thankyou
Press the Menu button on your Panasonic TV remote.
Select Network > Network Connection.
Select Wireless.
Select Wireless Network Settings.
Find your network name in the list of available networks and select it.
Enter your network password
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve tried that and it’s doesn’t work
Are you sure of your WiFi password?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you receive my picture message
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it’s the right password
Does the name of your home Wi-Fi network appear in the list of available networks on the tv?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it does it comes out with my broadband network name , it says connection status connected also but can’t connect to internet ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I looked at forums only and they suggested changing the IP address as Panasonic tv users also had a similar problem but that also hasn’t worked and now my internet is sometimes cutting out as I think it doesn’t like the new IP address and default gateway address I’ve used from the forums but didn’t write down the old address to change back!!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve sent u another screenshot of the network connection type
West is the name of your internet provider?

Sorry, what is the name of your internet provider?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Origin broadband
Follow these steps please.
Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.
Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then try wifi again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi sorry but I want to cancel my subscription but can’t find where on my profile do this? It says online I go to account membership my account but this isn’t visible?
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I'm not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you. https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Great thankyou for your advice

Your welcome.