Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My kindle fire was registered originally with amazon .co.uk.

Customer Question

Hi my kindle fire was registered originally with amazon .co.uk. A couple of years ago I ordered a present for a relation in Italy with my Kindle using amazon.it After all this time my Kindle default setting is going to the Italian site. All my library of books has disappeared and I've tried everything I can to change my Kindle back to the UK default site. Can you advise me how I can do this? Many thanks, Peter
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Hi Peter, to fix this, you will just need to deregister the Kindle device from its current amazon.it account and then register it to your amazon.co.uk account.

To do this,

1. Log in to your amazon.it account and go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. Click Devices.
  3. Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister. Your Device will be deregistered from your Amazon.it account. After deregistering, you can then register the Device to your Amazon.co.uk account, and view/download all of the books that are stored there.

---------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Have a good Sunday,

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Many thanks Pete. I have followed all your instructions and now when I tap the Amazon icon on my screen, I do get amazon.co.uk. However, the drop down when I tap 'BOOKS' is still in Italian and I have been sent four samples of novels to buy in Italian. I cannot seem to access the cloud either, Any advice? Peter
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Did you register the device to your .co.uk account successfully?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes, as far as I can tell - when I tap 'Amazon' I'm getting Amazon.co.uk with my home address for delivery. But still all this Italian stuff when I try to access Books, and Amazon offers etc. Peter
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.
  1. From Home, select the Menu icon, and then select Settings.
  2. Select My account and let me know what account is showing there.