Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

We've at 2015 PIXMA MG7550 telling us that its ink absorer

We've at 2015 PIXMA MG7550 telling us that its ink absorer is nearly full. Is replacing the absorber a feasible option and how would we do it?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: A Canon PIXMA MG7550 which, I think, is inkjet.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: One month- though it has been printing sometimes. And we get a notice about there being an error on the printer requiring recourse to speicalist help.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No your advice would be welcome. The word from other people is that 'It is not feasible to replace the ink absorber- one should get a new printer (which we we would like have with technical support in installation and subsequent cover.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

When the ink absorber pads are full, you can easily remove and clean them:

1. Get a large bowl of warm, soapy water ready and set it aside. Put on a pair of rubber gloves to keep your hands clean from the ink.

2. Open the ink cartridge compartment on your printer.

3. Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over, then disconnect the printer's power cord.

4. Look for a black rubber frame under the ink cartridge assembly. This contains the ink absorbing pads.

5. Pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink absorbing pads.

6. Place the pads in the bowl. Rub and squeeze them to remove the ink. When the water becomes opaque with ink, discard the solution and refill the bowl with more warm, soapy water. Continue this procedure until all ink is removed from the pads.

7. Squeeze the excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of three or four paper towels to dry.

8. Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.

9. Place the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Reinstall the frame in the printer.

10. Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.

---------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In addition to 'ink absorber near full' we get 'Support Code B203' indicating 'An error....printer needs repair....turn it off,etc' What to do?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In addition to 'ink absorber near full' we get 'Support Code B203' indicating 'An error....printer needs repair...turn it off,etc' What to do?