Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My LG sound bar keeps dropping the sound, the optical light

Customer Question

My LG sound bar keeps dropping the sound, the optical light flashes red when it does this
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is only a month old and has model no sj2 on it
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it has an optical cable in it, but I could only get it to work using Bluetooth on the tv
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your soundbar. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the soundbar (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the soundbar, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, thank you for the response. I have just unplugged the the soundbar, and the sub woofer, and then plugged both back in. The issue is still the same. I have completely removed the optical cable, from the sound bar and the tv. The optical light is still flashing red on the sound bar, and the sound still drops. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

If you play sound from a different source such as your phone, to the soundbar, how does it function?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have just connected my iPhone to the sound bar and that works without any problem. So does this indicate a Bluetooth issue with he tv? Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

No, the optical port or the cable.

Can you use a different optical cable and tell me how that functions please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, we have managed to resolve this, by re connecting the optical cable. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome.