Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I cannot get my tv box to turn on. Tried new batteries,but

Customer Question

I cannot get my tv box to turn on. Tried new batteries,but box will notswitchon. Was also having problems with bbciplayer and tvhub 24 hours prior to this.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Its a Finlux,about 4 years old,and i had the broadband and phone put in June.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Just got white static on tv,cant get box to even switch on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Over the weekend.Switched tv off to go to bed,trying to switch on now and non responsive.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 17 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The best option will be to try power cycling the tv and your internet modem.
When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.
If you power cycle your tv, and wireless router, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.
Follow these steps please.
Disconnect the power cord from the TV and the box. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.
Then reconnect power to all, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
As yet response.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No i dont want to pay as paying monthly for the box,shouldnt this be a service?
Ok
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question was meant for another company. You’ve reached JustAnswer, a paid service that matches people with questions to Professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.

Would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?