Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony Bravia TV model no KDL - 40WD653 DOM: 022017.

I have a Sony Bravia TV model no KDL - 40WD653 DOM: 022017. We were watching the TV this morning and suddenly power went off, the screen went black. Have tried resetting but no luck. Can you come up with anything please we could try?
Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: No, we took them all out
Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so

Hello, my name is Shahid. I am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly
- Does the power indicator light on the TV respond when pressing the power button?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video sources connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes the green power light comes on. Nothing is connected to the tv

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt ad is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you wish/ prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat, so ignore the phone call offer popups and keep texting here to continue

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What else can I do?

Thanks, it seems the TV mainboard has got an internal issue and causing the dark screen problem, following troubleshooting step should be tried that will help
- Disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
The above is a simple troubleshooting technique and if that does not work, please reply back to me here and I will continue to assist

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Have done what you said and still a black screen

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight close to the screen?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, nothing

Okay, it seems the mainboard of the TV is defective and needs to be replaced to resolve the problem. Please take the TV to the nearest TV repair shop to get a repair estimate that will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in a new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. As I have not had a phone call can you confirm I will not be charged the £16

Yes, I'm going to close the pending phone call request now and the website customer service will do the needful regarding the charges

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Very much welcome, wish you the best~

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have received an email saying I have been successfully charged £16. Please can you confirm this has been refunded to me

I have closed the phone call request and website customer service will do the needful for the refund of phone call charges that may take a couple of days to process, rest assured about the refund

I have no control over such matters, I'm a TV tech and website users like you or anyone else