Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

MY Samsung Galaxy A40 will not charge. I had an online chat

MY Samsung Galaxy A40 will not charge. I had an online chat with Samsung and we tried all kind of things. It worked for a while, then only intermittently and now stopped altogether
JA: Have you tried different power sources or a different wall adapter (the part of the charger with prongs)?
Customer: yes
JA: Is the charging port of your Galaxy clean, with the small tab inside unbent?
Customer: as far as i can tell
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that the phone is about 8 months old and the problem first started in December

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone and charge it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am a 74 year-old technophobe so I'm not sure if I did it properly. I just held the off button down but did not go further (ie confirm off or restart etc). After 60 seconds I pressed restart and tried to charge. Nothing !!

Is it turning on?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i understand tou cannot call right now so what happens next
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
yes

calling