Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have lost the code to my car radio I have the serial

Customer Question

I have lost the code to my car radio I have the serial number is ***** any way of me retrieving it?
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: DNX521DAB is the number on the front
JA: How long have you had your DNX521DAB?
Customer: The vehicle is 10 years old I think it been in from new I've owned the vehicle 5 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spoken to kenwood customer service and they put me onto this website I've tried a couple of obvious codes 1234 0000 etc but no good
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is the anti theft lock, normally you will find it written on the car manual, if you do not then you will have to take it into an official dealership for the unit to have the replacement code given. As it is for the anti theft system, there is no way to avoid it.

If you need anything else, please let me know.