Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Trying to connect You view Box to Samsung Smart TV, Brand

Trying to connect You view Box to Samsung Smart TV
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Brand New 32UEU5300
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Smart TV works on its own, but doesn't have catch up and recording facility.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: When I added uview,I had to put the ethernet cable and antenna cable into the uview box.Only connection to TV,then ,was the HDMI cable.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would like only one remote control if possible.Have not been able to set up Smart Things.Doesn't recognise password.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To do this, please connect the box to the HDMI 1 port on the TV, turn on the box and use the input or source button to set it to HDMI 1.

You should then see the signal from the Youview box.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You view warming up and showing

Perfect, any issues let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I set up utube on you view

calling

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please send link to junction item mentioned in phone call

As discussed you can use this link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-SG1005D-Desktop-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00ZOOJXEG?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_otopr_hd_bw_bT8diJ_0&pf_rd_r=AGJE0SJB7HDNQ4BCVJ7X&pf_rd_p=10bdec06-4052-5034-ad14-37db1533bf18&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=430573031

And purchase it from there, you will also need a network cable which you can get here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Ethernet-Gigabit-High-Speed-Raspberry/dp/B00QV1F1C4/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_3/257-7560252-1818834?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00QV1F1C4&pd_rd_r=a2055b87-e3df-43b8-ab4c-4916234b675f&pd_rd_w=XinOe&pd_rd_wg=L7Q0m&pf_rd_p=6f720012-7a84-4e92-a268-5ba72c1e4b52&pf_rd_r=DKT6E82Y7R9WZHZ3YD8F&psc=1&refRID=DKT6E82Y7R9WZHZ3YD8F

If you need anything else, please let me know.

thank you