Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I need to speak to someone in the uk to get my tv remote

Customer Question

I need to speak to someone in the uk to get my tv remote working correctly. How do i get to speak to someone?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: sorry, i have no data or model type!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Its a fault which has just appeared by itself—the preset tv stations all have a x against them, which blocks them from use, and i can
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: t scroll across or up/down.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks, i’ve turned off power at wall. Tv is hooked into sky box, so that’s all off.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok , power on, tv working, remote still not functioning except to default to a numbers screen with a top window asking for a channel number which then just circulates back to the display screen of the blocked pre-select channels i.e. no change!
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Can you please replace the batteries in the remote and tell me how it now works.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cannot see any way of prising the thing apart, except by breaking it, no obvious way in....
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

What is the model of the TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tv? Its a 2013 Samsung Smart tv. But its the logitech device which is the problem (because everything else is working ok, its just the Logitech device which has gone weird)
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

What is the model of the Logitech device?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It doesn’t show any!
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok.. then please connect it to your computer again and set it up like when you first received it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ps the base station has a s/n1239LZ082998....i think!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’mconfused....computer? Setup?.....i have no knowledge of this, it came with the audio and tv kit when new in 2013 and the installers have gone bust so i can’t ask them, sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I need to please know which Logitech device you have please to troubleshoot this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fair enough but i cannot tell you! It just says “logitech”
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

No sorry as they make hundreds of devices.