Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I’ve replaced ink cartridge but printer won’t print

Customer Question

Assistant: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: Hp envy 4502
Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes I can open lid message on screen says cannot print visit web site for info
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ink cartridge is smaller than previous one but is the correct number (301) and does fit
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Switched off then back on it asked to load paper which I did, it then came up with cannot print. Visit website for information
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

In the My Account section, click Change Billing Information, then Edit Payment Information.

Save it then try to print please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The account is in my husbands name, he sadly passed away in November the cartridge that I have inserted was bought from a store
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that

Could you sign into the account at all when doing my instructions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I couldn’t sign in as I don’t know what the sign in details are
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you then please use my link below to try to reset the password ***** sign in

https://login.id.hp.com/login-ui/forgot-password

Let me know how you go please