*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Cant get tv on sayingsignal weak or lost, lg, nothing, fine

Customer Question

cant get tv on sayingsignal weak or lost
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: lg
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?
Customer: fine this morns switch on330just sayssignal weak or lost
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not very gd at this
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
If your television has a blank or snowy screen and/or says “No Signal” or “Weak Or No Signal” or something similar, this is usually not a cable outage or a problem with your cable/sat service, but instead is due to your television being set to the wrong input. This is a very common but easily fixable issue that can usually be resolved with a few button presses on your remote.
When this happens, the first thing you will want to do is make sure your television is on the correct input setting. You can do this with either the remote that came with your television, or with the buttons on the side or back panel of your tv.
You will need to use either the remote that came with your television, or the buttons on the television itself to find the correct input.
If you’re using the remote that came with your television, the button will usually be labeled as either INPUT or SOURCE. Its location may vary from remote to remote. Press the Input or Source button then wait a few seconds to see if the correct screen shows on the tv. Repeat the process a few times to check all of the available inputs.