Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a BT4600 and wish to move it to another line cord

I have a BT4600 and wish to move it to another line cord position in my flat. When I did this, it showed PLEASE CHECK LINE CORD and did not work. Please advise me what I did wrong?
JA: How long have you had your BT4600?
Customer: Bought 16/08/2019 at Currys, Ravenside, Bexhill.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I plugged it into a different power plug and charged it for 24 hours but when I put the line cord into a different socket from previous position the message PLEASE CHECK LINE CORD shows and remains so I cannot use the phone.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: I Have not got a smartphone.
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just said I do not have a smartphone and explained what I have done earlier.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service . I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the BT Hub (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the BT Hub, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is showing the same message again.

how exactly did you move the line?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I unplugged the power socket and line cord socket in front bedroom and plugged them in the hall where there is a power socket and a second line cord socket.

ok, but it looks like the line is not cabled to the phone modem.

Connect the phone to the original line, does it work there?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It is the line, you need a cable engineer to come and wire the connection in the home for you correctly if you do not know one, please tell me your location.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
TN40 1UE

You can call Sampson Telephones on 01424 793333 for this

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you very much, Richard, for helping me and for the phone number to ring. I much appreciate your time & trouble.

you are most welcome