Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung Xpress C480W printer. I have never yet been

I have a Samsung Xpress C480W printer. I have never yet been able to print on photo paper no matter what I try to do. It always jams in the rollers. Can you help?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Laptop
JA: How long has this been going on with your Xpress?
Customer: ever since I bought it
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: every day. I run Ubuntu not Windows
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Nothing makes any difference. I can print on normal photocopy paper but not on glossy photo paper. That just jams. Always

Which weight is the paper?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
normal 80gsm is fine. Anything over this jams
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
photo paper at 180gsm always jams
but the manual says I should be able to use this

It can but they need to be loaded one sheet at a time, try this and tell me if it jams please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've tried this and it still jams

Can you please use a damp cloth and clean the rollers in the printer by wiping them.

Once done, wait 5 minutes for it to dry, then try to print the paper please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK I'll try that

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
do I need to change any settings on the printer when printing on heavier paper?

no

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
made no difference. this has happened from when the printer as new so it can't be worn rollers or anything else

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal drive motor that has faulted. When it is under load with heavier paper it cannot drive at the right speed and jams

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK thanks for your help

You are welcome.