Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just purchased an Honor Lite 10. I spent a confusing

Hi Pearl, I have just purchased an Honor Lite 10. I spent a confusing time setting up all the passwords and ID and most of them seem to be ok however the Huawei password ***** reset in the worst confusion and I failed to write down what I had put. I can't now get in to change the password ***** I don't know whether I used phone or email address for the log in and everything I try is rejected. How do I reset the Huawei ID?
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I am able to phone out but am still getting my head round all the other features.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: No, is that the way to go? The phone is new so I have few contacts on it yet as my old phone would not transfer data.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IT is not my best subject!!!

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The ONLY way to remove the lock is to reset the device , which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data.

I am sorry but you will need to reset the device, this will remove the data but you cannot avoid this sorry.

To do this

Go to http://android.com/devicemanager

Sign in with the account you used on the device

Choose Erase

It will reset so you can set it up again

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

You can also check if your photos where backed up on this link

http://photos.google.com

Just make sure to sign in with the same account you used on the device

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Richard, how do I change my ID with Huawei? They are emailing me but when I type in the email address to change the password ***** comes up that there is no record of that ID?

Please tell me the exact wording of the message you get.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is the account I originally used I am not sure of: maybe it had a typo but I am at a loss, I have two email accounts and it isn't recognising either of them.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I type in an id and hit next I get the message 'Account Information does not exist'

Are you seeing the question I keep sending to you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I am replying to everything I see.

I will repeat again

Please tell me the exact wording of the message you get on the phone

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
39;Account Information does not Exist' in red and no option for the password
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the ID the verification code I was sent and not one of my contact details?

It is referring to your Google password?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I was exploring some of the features and a page came up asking me to log in to Huawei, all in blue no Google icons or colour.

When it asks you to sign in, what is the exact message?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was just a blue page with Huawei at the top and a window for log in details.

You will then have to reset the phone as per my initial message, repeated below

To do this

Go to http://android.com/devicemanager

Choose Erase

http://photos.google.com

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, thank you for your help.

you are welcome