Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Do you help with print head alignement issues? mg3650, I

Do you help with print head alignement issues?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: mg3650
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have now gone on to manual print head alignment, but when the printout finishes no window appears to put in the number so that it will realign
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can thin of

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Already tried#

How did you do the manual alignment?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The issue is that the dialogue box is not appearing when I have done a manual print alignment and so I cannot input figures. Only a box saying "were the patterns printed normally" appears and if you press No it just goes back to the beginning and asks you to try again - which just results in another test page being printed
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
So actually I have only managed to do a print out and not align the cartridges

Do it on the printer itself please using the instructions here.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/BG/bg-pd_alignment.html

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Already done that a couple of times

It does not correct the alignment issue or it does not complete?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When doing it directly with the printer or via the laptop it cannot/does not align. When I try to align manually via the laptop (which is the advised next step) then the dialog window into which one is supposed to input numbers for the best aligned bits on the printout, does not appear and so manual alignment cannot proceed

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
So the printout is the same and I have been round in circles a few times and tried automatic head clean but that the does not help.
The issue is that the dialogue box for inputting the appropriate numbers for best lines of printout is not appearing!!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
O.... It has just appeared after 2hours of going in circles

Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Now it is "aligning' but there are vertical stripes!

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal printhead in the printer that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thankyou for your help. That is annoying.

You are welcome.