Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a pair of Aw1000 Powerline adaptors set up in my

Customer Question

I have a pair of Aw1000 Powerline adaptors set up in my house and I’ve just bought another set. How do I link the new two to the old pair
JA: How long have you had your AW1000?
Customer: old pair maybe a year and the new pair a month
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried pressing the pair button on the old one attached to the router and then on the new set one at a time but that didn’t work. Then I tried plugging both small boxes into the router and having the two larger adaptors around the house
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

Powerline adapters are simply plug and play devices, but for better secure network, you can pair them through the Pair Button or TL-Link Utility.

.

To add more adapters to your existing powerline network, just press the pair button on one of the existing network, then press Pair button on the adapter which wants to be joined in the existing network. Simply add them one by one.

.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Have a good day,

Pete.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’ve now got them linked but the name of the router won’t copy across to the extenders when I try to clone the name?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

If you use the Pair button it should copy all of the required network information automatically.