Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic TX-49FX74 OB tv and am having trouble

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TX-49FX74 OB tv and am having trouble getting the remote control working properly on the up/down sound button. It does not always respond.
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your TX-49FX74 connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: It is hard to know as they all go into a 'funnel' at the back.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: Sorry I am not at all technical but there is a white, red and grey cable and 2 smaller black cables.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have put new batteries in but that has not helped and have noticed that the top battery tends to rise up. Even though I press it down hard it does not make any difference
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have done as requested and the remote is not responding at all to the sound button. All others are buttons are responding perfectly.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Can you please test your remote using my link below for the directions.

https://youtu.be/UMPoifERrNs

Tell me if the buttons not responding are actually working please.