Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Canon PIXMA printer MG3650 which is not working.

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMA printer MG3650 which is not working. There are 7 flashes of the alarm lamp for which I am told to contact the service centre. Can you help, please?
JA: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: By USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never - ??
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suspect the problem from the ink supply. I had erroneously ordered and installed cartridges by Office Depot, allegedly compatible, but soon had a problem so I removed them and installed Canon products. Worked OK then but, when switching on and before the first printing, an instruction told me to press the Start button - all then worked. Until last weekend when a red-tinted version of the instruction told me to contact the Canon service station, and the printer would not work
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

7 flashes on your MG3650 means the FINE cartridge is not installed in the correct position.

Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Remove each FINE cartridge and reinstall, make sure that each is installed in the correct position.