*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My tv won't play anything on catchup, Sony Bravia purchased

My tv won't play anything on catchup
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Bravia purchased last year
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works. Everything works just can't watch tv on catchup
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?
Customer: Very rarely watch catchup so no idea
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The best option will be to try power cycling the tv and your internet modem. Even though other devices are connecting, the modem could still be the issue.

When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.

If you power cycle your tv, and wireless router, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.

Follow these steps please.

Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.

Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The above worked on one TV. I just need to check one more TV which I will do tomorrow.
Sounds good!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Everything seems to be OK now. Thank you for your help. Over and out!!
That's great!