Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have purchased a toshiba led tv.24 wl3a63db. I cannot set

Hi I have purchased a toshiba led tv.24 wl3a63db. I cannot set it up as it is stuck on a screen that says no signal with a three minute count down.
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: I have taken a working tv down and placed the new one in its place with the same message. Can you please advise?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: No just a coax cable
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No, other TVs working fine. This is initial set up
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's been switched of for 24 hours, but I'll do it again

No need if you disconnect power to it for 24 hours.

Now press the input button on the TV till you are on the HDMI channel the cable box is connected to please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not using hdmi, coax. Source is stuck on BACK AV

ok, so then you need to set the input channel to that please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a sky hd box with a coax cable running to a splitter that feeds two other TVs.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's been set to that all along. No change!

Sky box outputs HDMI, its that cable you connect to the TV as it needs to be decoded.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So, are you saying that this new tv won't work using the coax from the splitter or do I need to wire this in to the hdmi cable from the main tv to set it up and then it will run off the coax

No as Sky encodes it, thats why you get a special card, else anyone could get sky.

You connect to the Sky box via HDMI to get a decoded signal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've got that through the main tv! It's the new tv for the bedroom that's the problem. It's totally impractical to run another cable to this tv! I think I'll just take it back to the store, this will be the second one, the first had picture but no sound!

ok, but you will need a seperate box for it sorry.