Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic Cordless handset is muted, can you please

Hi Pearl,
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: My Panasonic Cordless handset is muted, can you please advise how to unmute it
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: Panasonic KX-TGC220
JA: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGC220? What have you tried so far?
Customer: THIS PROBLEM AROSE YESTERDAY. I CANT LOCATE THE MANUAL THAT CAME WITH phone so i really havent tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO DONT THINK SO

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you i will try this now

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried taking out batteries from handset and disconnected power from base unit , reconnected same but still have a problem.
when I ring my daughter she can hear me speaking but I cant hear anything, also when phone rings with an incoming call I am unable to hear person on other side.
Can you please remove the power to the modem your phone connects to for a signal (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the modem, turn it on and tell me please if the phones are now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you that seems to have sorted the problem.I would never have thought about the modem.
Thank you and good afternoon

You are welcome.