Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an apple MacBook pro version 10.15.3, with 2.2 GHz

Customer Question

Good morning. I have an apple MacBook pro version 10.15.3, with 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor. Last night my child knocked the laptop of a low level couch whilst it was open, it landed on a carpet ontop of concrete floor, bounced and settled tent style still open upside down.
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: This morning I am getting an error message in my screen' "ReceiverHelper" will damage your computer' with a tick box to report malware to Apple to protect other users and no matter how often I click OK to make it disapear, it keeps popping up again in the middle of my screen.
JA: What does your screen look like when you try to open the program?
Customer: I am on macOS Catalina. Aside from this pop up box that comes in the middle of my screen, it would appear that all my other programs are working just fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, thanks. Just how to get rid of this pop up.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Shut down your Mac.
Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Then try to use the Macbook please