Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

One of your older customers. We I have aPanasonic Vikram TV

Customer Question

One of your older customers. We I have aPanasonic Vikram TV Model TX-50x802B. It is linked to Sky Q and a Panasonic DVD and Panasonic sound system with bar and woofer. Until yesterday working perfectly.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic TX-50Ax802B . We have a flashing on/off red light. Can you help. Stuart Bell.***********JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No problems with inputs and sources I think. Sky green light is on. Sky remote does not now work with TV.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: On/ off red light is flashing and on those times when the green light comes on then the TV does not go past the large Panasonic sign on the screen, cannot arrive at home page.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Switched TV back on after 10 mins. Red light showing but does not change when either main remote or Sky remote.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Nothing is showing on the screen of the TV at all?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you want to type some possible guidance?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Can you please reply to my last question?

I repeated it below

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Nothing is showing on screen. Red light is flashing intermitantly
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

how many times does it flash in sequence?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Green light now on and screen shows Panasonic. Now the screen has gone black and red light is on.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard in the TV that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Red light now flashing 13 - 14 times then a pause for 2 secs and then returns to flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that. It is the internal mainboard in the TV that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you