Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Signed with sky essentials on 20th March. All ok but can’t

Customer Question

Signed with sky essentials on 20th March. All ok but can’t get freeveiw channels unless I turn off sky. Think this would be included I my contract
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It Samsung don’t know model number. Where do I find that?. Probably 5 years old
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the tv menu works but when I go onto the selected Chanel it tells me that it cannot complete your request here. Then say contact your number but unfortunately I can’t get through
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: it’s never been an issue. What do you mean?. Only since you came to connect me with sky on the 20th
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Pete, hope you can help
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No sorry I don’t think I should’ve paid anything as I think it was sky engineers fault in the beginning. All that is needed as far as I’m concerned is that they didn’t turn it on.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

The Sky Essentials package includes freesat channels: https://www.sky.com/shop/essentials

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes I know. It I haven’t got it.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Did you receive a viewing card and is it inserted into your Sky box?

What message do you see when you try to go to a freesat channel, e.g. BBC1?

Can you see any Sky channels at all?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes the viewing card is inserted into the sky box. I can see 1 to 5 that’s all. All other channels come up with the message. Sorry we can’t complete your request here. Please contact us on this number. Phoned this number and you’re not taking calls.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

What is the model number of your Sky box?

Is the TV set to the correct input for your Sky box?

Can you attach a photo of the message you are seeing on the screen?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cant see the model number. Sent the photo of message on the screen.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It says Sky + HD on the front
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

I haven't received the photo.

Please attach the photo here using the Attach Item button in the reply box.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Keep trying to send photo. You have either got 6 or none at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

There are no photos attached to your question page.

Have you tried attaching the photo to your question page in the reply box?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m going to try again in this box. Is that right? N
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Yes, received thanks.

The message indicates that there is a problem with your account. It may be that your payment method did not go through, or some other problem.

To resolve it, you will need to call 0800 759 1476. Try calling early in the morning, just after 8.45am to get to the front of the queue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I have tried to ring Sky on the number you gave me. Unfortunately they are not taking any calls and guide you to Sky.com/shop, which is what I did yesterday. I know these are unusual times and thank you for your help. Obviously there is nothing more I can.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

Yes, these really are exceptional times.

Stay safe,

Pete.