Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic cordless phone model number KX-TGJ420E.

Customer Question

i have a Panasonic cordless phone model number KX-TGJ420E. Doesnt ring for incoming calls but it did, once, yesterday, and now doesn,t. Have instruction book but it doesn't mention MJTE or how to UNMUTE Over to you.
JA: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGJ420E? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have tried tapping the volume switch+ on the base unit. but not unplugging and starting again..
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I bought it about 18 months ago and it has been perfectly OK till now. Not dropped or in ahy other way illtreated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Did as you said, put batteries in reconnected base unit plug and rang myself from my cellphone. Ringing FROM
the handset, fine. ringing to the handset nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Who is your phone provider?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Virgin
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Can you please remove the power to the virgin box (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the virgin box, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Worked well must remember if it happens again
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

All the best.