Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a new panasonic TV 40GX700B which worked beautifully

Customer Question

I have a new panasonic TV 40GX700B which worked beautifully until one week ago it now however will not recieve e-mail so I cannot connect to freeview play. It is beyond the 39 day returns date. Can you help?
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: connection is from my router which works fine on smartphones and a similar smart tv
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: not that I am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry, still no Freeview
Expert:  Richard replied 5 days ago.

Is it getting Freeview from the antenna or a Freeview box?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Richard - this is Mike's wife. Please can we continue this tomorrow morning? Right now he wants to watch Midsomer Murders!
Expert:  Richard replied 5 days ago.

yes that is ok