Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why have I no wife on laptop. Only on we phone, EE, Three

Customer Question

Why have I no wife on laptop. Only on we phone
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: EE
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Three days. Closing and starting again. Good lad from next door tried many things. Tells me this network unavailable
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks just need wifi on laptop. Have things to print!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Click start, type in CMD, right click command prompt and select Run as administrator

Type in the below commands pressing enter on each line

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and check if it now has internet.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not getting run command
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Are you on a windows or mac computer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Windows
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

ok, what do you mean with the run command?

What step are you stuck on from my instructions?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Frankly no I don't want an expensive phone call. Since I am receiving wi fi perfectly well on ee vie this phone and having had a great deal of trouble in the past I think I would prefer to switch to them. They did at one point apologise and gave me credit on a bill but i am now having to self isolate and am fed up with TalkTalk as you would be I think.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

My last message to you was

what do you mean with the run command?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Still just says connecting without doing so though I have now complied with your instructions.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ITS TALKTALKC593FA
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It also said successfully flushed the DNS resolve cache
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Can you please remove the power to the TalkTalk box (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the talktalk, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly with the computer.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will do of course but have tried it before.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Still just says connecting without doing so. Then unable to connect to this network.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Have we given up?
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

On the back of the router is a reset button, please push and hold the reset button in for 5 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, restart the computer then try to connect please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Where are you?
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

I am here, waiting for you to do the last instructions I sent you please, repeated again below.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I have said I have obeyed your commands O Wise One but no joy. Still, could be worse, could have conovirus.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Coronavirus, even
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there more or have you left my life forever Richard? By the way, it was my wi fi not my wife in question 1.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

The instructions where

And you replied

"Where are you?"

Without any information on the results, hence the confustion if you did do the instructions? Then

I want to do a system restore please which does not touch your files but returns the drivers before the issue

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete, it can take up to an hour, but it will complete or error if it fails.

Once it has completed, tell me if it now functions

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The only response I can see says call me, I have already said I don't wish to do this. Is all hope at an end?
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

The instructions whereOn the back of the router is a reset button, please push and hold the reset button in for 5 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes, restart the computer then try to connect please.And you replied"Where are you?"Without any information on the results, hence the confustion if you did do the instructions? ThenI want to do a system restore please which does not touch your files but returns the drivers before the issue To do this, close all programs. Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens rstrui Press enter Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred. Let it complete, it can take up to an hour, but it will complete or error if it fails. Once it has completed, tell me if it now functions
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In my defence I did reply, saying that nothing had changed.i dont know why you didn't get that. Will try again
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Sorry to hear that, the only reply I received was asking where I am.