Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

We have a TP-Link t240100-2-Poe to transfer wireless

Customer Question

Hi we have a TP-Link t240100-2-Poe to transfer wireless internet from office to another building. Was working fine but has stopped this morning, cables to and the link at both ends seem fine as do the power units, both have power lights on. How do we do a reset ? And then configure it so that it will transfer the WiFi again. Can a press the remote reset button or should I get an engineer on site?
JA: What's the model of your TP-Link router?
Customer: Hi, it is a model reference T240100-2-POE
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: hi, please see my longer message above, it won’t connect and transfer the WiFi internet from office to house but was working fine this morning. Do I need to reset it?
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: in the office we have had some network cabling done and power was off for a while so I wonder if that disrupted it but that’s all back on now and the tp link still not working
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
hi
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

To reset the unit to its factory default settings, whilst it is powered on, directly press and hold the remote reset button on the PoE adapter for about 8 seconds until the Wireless Strength LEDs flash. Then release the button and wait for the device to reset.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

To set up and configure the unit again, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0pvLNM-boM

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If I reset to factory settings do I need to then do anything else to reconfigure the tp link to connect up to the draytek router I have at the source of the internet (and I have a belkin
router at the house end of the wireless tp link)
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Yes it will need to be reconfigured again for your network.

Before you reset it, try simply restarting all network equipment first to see if that works.