Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

It concerns a Samsung Galaxy A 40 smartphone which due to

Customer Question

It concerns a Samsung Galaxy A 40 smartphone which due to water damage is now dead. SIM card ok which I inserted into a new Samsung A 20e. All contacts, photos etc were lost. Can those be retrieved?
JA: When did you last charge your Galaxy?
Customer: The dead one? 2days ago, the new one just now. Dead phone obviously not charging. Tried
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons)?
Customer: Yes, no response
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if there is a way of retrieving the info from the dead phone.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

We will see if the information was backedup online

Please click on this link for contacts

http://contacts.google.com

And for photos

http://photos.google.com

And sign in with the account use on the phone.

Tell me if you see the content there please as if not then it means it was not backed up.

Let me know how you go

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes, both contacts and photos are here. Where do I sign in? Can't remember the account used on the phone. Where would I find it?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Ok, this is the problem you used the wrong account on the phone, you need to reset the phone, it will remove all the data from it now on it but you cannot avoid this.

Go to settings, search for factory reset, run it and then when you setup the phone use this account please.