Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an fairly old Samsung tv. For some reason the hdmi

Customer Question

Hi, I have an fairly old Samsung tv. For some reason the hdmi channels have disappeared from the sources menu, is there any way to fix it? I’ve tried to factory reset it but it asks me to press red, green, yellow and blue buttons But when I press the red button it just exits from the menu and doesn’t let me complete the sequence
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: On the back it says model: LE37R87BD i got it from a friend so not 100% sure
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works and no ext1/2 are still there but hdmi 1/2 have gone I’ve gone on to the input option on the menu but the option for hdmi channels is blank if that makes sense
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that should be all thanks
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is the sequence it asks me to do to reset it but the red button exits the menu
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, yes I’ve tried that multiple times already
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

What are you trying to connect the TV to for a signal? eg: Cable Box?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
A ps4, I feel like I’ve done everything short of resetting the tv to factory settings but it won’t let me do that
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

If you connect something else to the TV, does that display?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, nothing will display on the hdmi channels. It’s effectively been deleted from the sources menu
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

What happens when you do this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
After I type in the pin, it asks me to press the red, green, yellow and blue buttons in sequence. The only issue is is that when I press the red button it exits the menu and doesn’t let me complete the sequence (weird design flaw). I’ve bought universal Samsung remote and it still doesn’t let me complete the sequence. Is there any other way you know that I could reset it?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It’s the sequence shown in the photo I sent earlier
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Ok, you will need then to get the remote for the TV itself to do this, did you lose it?