Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Morning! My Whatsspp setting does not include video icon on

Morning! My Whatsspp setting does not include video icon on screen. Is it possible to add this please?
JA: Which WhatsApp product do you have?
Customer: How can I tell?
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your WhatsApp software?
Customer: I use it all the time as a text message with pics and videos. But my sister's screen has a video icon at the top and we were able to have video contact ehat when she contacted me.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that covers it. No video icon on my screen so can't video call other Whstsapp contacts. Thanks Pearl.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To use it you need to open a chat with a contact first, so select a contact in Whatsapp then press on the video camera icon in the top right to start it.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not have a video icon at the top of my screen. That is the problem - how do I access one?

Please watch this film

https://youtu.be/QkvlYq9TazU

It shows a video of the instructions I sent you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please advise me as to how I can access video contact.

This was in my last message, it seems you missed it, no problem, I repeated it below

Please watch this film

https://youtu.be/QkvlYq9TazU

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not receive your earlier message.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Video tells you how to make video call IF YOU HAVE VIDEO ICON ON SCREEN. I do not have the icon.

When you press a contact can you send a chat to them?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
chats and photo transmission fine. But the WhatsApp version I have does not have video icon an screen.

Please make a photo of the screen and attach it here to this message.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've sent it - has it arrived OK?

Open a contact please to chat with it, you need to open a contact to chat with it.

Then make a photo and attach it here

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Willdo

thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Most of my contacts have the video icon with their contact details. Only a couple don't. Is this something to do with the WhatsApp version I have
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that I dont have the icon on my screen?

The ones that do not do not have the ability for you to video call them

But as you see you now see the video icon when doing my instructions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What are your instructions please? I still dont have the video icon on my screen.

Then make a photo and attach it here

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can video call contacts with the video icon on their contact screen. Can they video call me if I don't have the video icon on my screen? Why do some contact screens (mine included) have no video icon?
Open a contact please to chat with it, you need to open a contact to chat with it.Then make a photo and attach it here
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this what you mean?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your patience.

yes and there is a video camera icon right there.

Top, to the left of the phone

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think I've got it ... the video choice only is given when I bring up contact details. So I can video call all contacts when I select them to be called. Is that it?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Any contact, that is ...

yes

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Brilliant, thank you so much

You are welcome