nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Video Camera Canon Legria HFR76. I am not at home,

I have a Video Camera Canon Legria HFR76. I am not at home, but have it with me where I am in lockdown. So I do not have all the accessory cables or the manual with me. I am wondering if it is possible to pair this with my computer via bluetooth, so without needing cables?
JA: Did you download all the necessary software to connect your camera to your computer (e.g. Canon EOS Utility)? Is your software the latest version?
Customer: No, if I do that, will it in principle be possible to pair this camera via bluetooth without cables.
JA: If you are using a USB cable, are you using the one that came with your camera or an aftermarket one?
Customer: No, I don't have any cables with me, as explained in my first message. That is why I am asking if it is possible to pair this camera via bluetooth.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am happy to hear your answer for my above question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don't think there is any more information I can give you until I receive a response from you...

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

Do you have a memory card reader available with you?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am able to insert the memory card into my computer and download the files, yes.

You can transfer the videos/images to your computer via memory card. Or you can connect your camcorder to any device via wifi also.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Perhaps we can answer this via chat. If it gets complicated we can switch to the 'call me' option. Essentially, I want to know if it is possible to connect my camera via bluetooth without cables. If yes, then we can move onto call as you help me understand how to do that. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ahh, can I can connect my Canon Video device to my computer via wifi so I can use it to make zoom calls - as the quality of the camera and microphone are better than the quality on my default computer camera and microphone.

Sorry to inform you but I won't be able to take calls due to a technical glitch going on at my place. I can guide you through the chat. You can connect your camcorder to your computer via wifi if your computer is connected to via wireless router. You can also pair it with your android phone or ios device also.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK - no problem, let's continue with chat. I confirm my computer is connected to a wireless wifi router. My computer is MacBook Pro Catalina Version 10.15.3

First you need to connect the camcorder to the same network as your computer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I do that?

Follow the steps as shown in the images I am sending

If the network is not added then follow these steps to add the wifi network

Search for Access Point. Now you search for your wifi network name and then enter the password to connect to the wifi

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. I'll check it now and get back to you if I have any questions...

Okay Sure. Let me know if you need any help.

Stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
From my 'Home' - I don't find Media function, but Remote Control+Streaming. Is that the same thing?

Follow this

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It's telling me I can connect the camcorder and smartphone (but not computer) directly and record the camcorder's picture on the smartphone.

Can you see the wifi menu?

You need to scroll down

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have reached the point: "not configured" - that is what it gives me...
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have: Select the setup method:
WPS: Button
WPS: PIN Code Search for Access Points
Manual Setup

Choose Search for Access points

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, thank you. it seems I have been able to connect it to the wifi rooter and enter password successfully and am now connected. How do I proceed from here?

Now what exactly you want to do? Do you want to share the media or want wireless playback on computer?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would like to use my camcorder for Zoom calls, rather than use the default camera on my MacBook, as the quality of image and sound is much better from the camcorder.

Your camcorder is now connected to your macbook via wifi. Now check this link on how to use your camcorder for Zoom calls.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. This link tells me that on a zoom call there is an option at the top left of the Zoom screen to switch camera, but for some reason that doesn't seem to evidence itself on my screen... do you know anything about that?

You can get help from this video also.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, I managed to get into the video settings on Zoom, but it only offers me the choice of the built-in Face time camera. I think this must then mean that my computer is not yet recognising the camcorder?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I ensure my computer is able to pair with and read my camcorder?

Is the canon software installed in your Macbook?

Make sure that the camcorder is turned ON.

On your Macbook, open Photos (if it isn’t already open), then click the device under Devices in the sidebar.

Check if the camcorder is being displayed or not

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No, the cannon software is not installed in my MacBook, can you give me a link to download that?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for the tip about opening Photos. So that is where I will see the device evidence itself when I have connected the camera via the canon software, once installed?

Yes, the camcorder should be listed here. It will confirm that it is paired with your computer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did you see my message above? The cannon software is not installed in my MacBook, can you give me a link to download that?

First check if it is being shown there or not. If not, then install it from this link

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No, it isn't being shown on Photo as an external connected device. I will download the software now...

Okay download it from the link I provided

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes, the most up-to-date version they have for the download is macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), I have MacOS 10.15.3 Catalina - so I hope it is compatible...
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just got this message when I tried to install the software: “CW81011aM_Installer” needs to be updated.The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information

This message means that Canon has not yet released an updated version for your Operating system.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes, I figured that. So I guess that means that it won't be possible to pair my camera with my computer and use it for Zoom after all?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Or is there another way if I try to connect it with my i-Phone X device? Do I need software for that as well?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My I-phone X has software version 13.3.1

You won't be able to use your camcorder with Mac OS 10.15

You can transfer media from camcorder to iphone X but you won't be able to use it as secondary camera for Zoom calls on iphone X

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, I see. Well, I guess there is nothing more we can do here to make it work as I need. But thank you very much for your assistance. You guided me well, although we reached a dead end with Canon's insufficient updates. Wishing you a good day.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh just one thing, if I want to access the camera files on my I-phone, where do I insert the camcorder's password in my phone?

You need to install this Camera Access app on your iOS device to check your camera photos on your iphone.

The link for downloading the app is

http://appstore.com/cameraaccessplus

After downloading the app, Open Camera Access app, use the onscreen controls to operate the camcorder

You will find the app in App Store by the name CameraAccess plus

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, thank you. I have noted down this info and will look into it later, as that is not urgent. Have a lovely day.

You are welcome.