Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to update my browser on my samsung tv - as it is

Hi - I am trying to update my browser on my samsung tv - as it is now saying my browser is out of date for U tube (and i cant do Jo Wicks PE :-)) It just keeps telling me I don't have any devices and cant update google chrome?
JA: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Google?
Customer: It just says not available
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: Hi - Just did that. Everything else is fine, lap top, phone, netflix, amazon prime etc, it is just that I cant play U tube because the browser is no longer supported
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

the issue is the browser does not work for Youtube, it is a TV browser so it is much more simpler then a computers browser.

Go to the Smart Hub on the TV then locate the Youtube app and use it via this.

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry - am still not getting it. I’ve gone into the smart tv bit, u tube comes up as a featured bit (but not an app? )

Ok, it means it is not part of your TV, what you will need is a Roku device which you can get here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Stick-Media-Player/dp/B076FH18TC

This you then connect to the HDMI port on your TV.

It will then allow you to access this app plus hundreds of others, but you will need this to get the app for the TV.

If you would like any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve managed it, no need for call

All the best

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t need a call now - I’ve done it thanks ��

No problem