Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Just trying to set up my vanon 5450 maxify printer, support

hi just trying to set up my vanon 5450 maxify printer , support code 5102 , ink cartidges loaded , check the ink cartridges are installed correctly checkd for foreign objects removed - can you please advise?
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: we switched on and off and the same message appears
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: the printer arrivd yesterday and only just starte to set up , got as far as removing the plastic bits and installing the 4 ink cartridges , tried to load two sheets of paper and then this message came up
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just if we can take the ink cartridges out and start agin but we are sure they are installed correctly

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thanks richard i will plug in again at 11.29

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi richard so ive plugged cable back in and same message appears

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi how do you remove the cartidges please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
will i get charged extra for this

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are thse instructions for mb5450 the diagram looks different to my printer

yes for the 5400 series of printers

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi all sorted now thanks

You are welcome