Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I purchased an LG TV but it doesn't recognise TalkTalk as a

I purchased an LG TV but it doesn't recognise TalkTalk as a provider. BT, Sky etc are fine, but not Talktalk. ANy ideas?
JA: What LG model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: 43LP7500 bought 2 days ago.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NO problem otherwise. In tryng to set up a network Talktalk doesn't appear on the options list.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Before I go forward I need to let you know that I can access programmes through normal Tv but when I connect the TalkTalk box it can't register the network.

You mean connecting to the wifi network correct?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Apologies, I had an issue at my end. Correct in your question. To connect through the internet, using the Talktalk box it needs to be listed as a provider to access the other services `Netflix' etc but it isn't registered on the listing. Perhaps I ought to go to Talktalk directly.

You go to settings, network and choose to connect to wireless please

Then look for the network there

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will have to come back to you at a later time as I need to go back and make a few changes first, and an ageing relative to visit. But thank you so far.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Richard, eventually got back to your suggestion and it obviously worked. Brain dead at this end before. Thanks so much.

Good to hear, all the best.