Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Printer Epson SX515W cartridge cover fault - not accepted

Customer Question

Printer Epson SX515W cartridge cover fault - not accepted after repeated tries. Also I replaced Epson cartridges which have not been accepted. Appreciate your advice. Jacky
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: Epson Stylus SX515W
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes I can but when I replace it the message still asks for the cover to be closed.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why were the new Epson colour cartridges not accepted?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Hi Jacky! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

If you are using new, genuine Epson cartridges and they are not being accepted then the print head may have failed and is no longer able to recognise cartridges.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can the print head be cleaned?
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Yes the print head can be cleaned, however cleaning will not fix a faulty print head.

Here is a cleaning kit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Print-Head-Cleaner-For-Epson-SX515w-Nozzle-Unblocker-Cleanser-F190000-/172067130596