Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My DMC-FZ72 will not turn on. I have two batteries, both

My DMC-FZ72 will not turn on. I have two batteries, both fully charged, but it's completely dead to both.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Camera. Panasonic DMC-FZ72.
JA: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?
Customer: It doesn't even get to the shooting modes. It won't turn on at all.
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The issue began without warning. I used it and it was working perfectly, then next time I tried it it was dead.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

If the lens is blocked, the camera will not turn on.

You can try carefully tapping the camera on a table top to help loosen any dirt or debris that is trapped in the zoom lens mechanism to see if that works.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for the tip, but that hasn't worked.

If that didn't work then the camera will require a repair at a service centre to disassemble and clean the lens, then recalibrate it.

You can arrange this through your local Panasonic camera dealer, or online at https://support-uk.panasonic.eu/

----------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a good weekend and stay safe,

Pete.