Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I want to connect my old canon x40 8 camcorder to my Sony

I want to connect my old canon x40 hi 8 camcorder to my Sony TV , however the cable I have is the old style 3 part red,white, yellow for both sides , it’s like I need a cable converter or something
JA: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works on the tv . What I am trying to do is work out how to connect to the tv via the correct cable from my old camcorder
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?
Customer: I do not have a Sony tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will you have someone with this type of knowledge with regard to tv to camcorder

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

You can use an RCA to HDMI adapter, like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Techole-Aluminum-Converter-Composite-Adapter-Black/dp/B07SS9RKX1/

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a good weekend and stay safe,

Pete.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, now paid and joined up , can we proceed with how I solve this issue
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry, just seen your answer

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page.

Should you have any questions in the future, feel free to reply back at any time.

Have a good day and stay safe :)

Pete.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Got the part delivered today that you specified . So I have got the 3 coloured ends into the canon H8 video camera and the HDMI leader out of the same splitter into the Samsung smart tv , TV says it is unknown when 8 find it and then says press source which then asks me to checks leads ...HELP