Rusty Hoyle
Rusty Hoyle, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Expert at Justanswer.com
63817454

Have Hitachi v17L02037 does it support Dolby atmos. Sound

Customer Question

Have Hitachi v17L02037 does it support Dolby atmos. Sound bar th-D679b
JA: What Hitachi model do you have?
Customer: 43hk15t74u
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hitachi system?
Customer: Have followed instructions in manual also re tune . Connect hdmi arc to hdmi 1 nothing works
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that’s it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Rusty Hoyle replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The TV doesn't have to support Atmos, that's the job of the soundbar. Connect your HDMI devices directly to your soundbar, then connect your soundbar's HDMI out to your TV. Anything plugged into your soundbar will now play Atmos, as long as the audio is encoded in Dolby.

To get your TV smart features working, go into your TV's menu, and set the audio output to HDMI ARC. This will output sound from your TV to the soundbar. Let me know if you have any questions.