Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Phones are not receiving calls without interference (

Customer Question

Phones are not receiving calls without interference ( terrible crackling noise). We have checked router and all seems ok . Talk talk says no problem with the line. But we seem to think there is a problem with the box .Can you help?
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Talktalk
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried the single anologue phone plugged direct into the main input socket. also removed the outer cover of the main socket and used the internal socket for the analogue phone. This latter test works perfectly for incoming and outgoing call.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That is most likely a cable issue from your phone line to your router or the base to your handset.

Replace the cable from the base to your router as a first step

Next, as you tested straight analog and it works, then its your current phone set, you might have to replace it

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having followed your advice but I’m sorry to say my phone has not improved.
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, even after replacing your phone set?