Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Not sure if you can help. The problem is with the Now TV app

Customer Question

Hi - not sure if you can help. The problem is with the Now TV app which won’t load on my LG TV. It was working fine last night. None of the fixes on the NOW TV support site have worked. Help!
JA: When could you last open your software?
Customer: Last night at about 10 pm
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The best option will be to try power cycling the tv and your internet modem. Even though other devices are connecting, the modem could still be the issue.
When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.
If you power cycle your tv, and wireless router, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.
Follow these steps please.
Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.
Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.