Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have had my kindle for years and discovered a book in

Customer Question

I have had my kindle for years and discovered a book in kindle for kids. I now need to exit with a pass word to get back!!! Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: My Kindle reading device
JA: How long have you had your Kindle?
Customer: Years!! I bought it in Waterstones. Could be a kindle fire? It has the automatic light if that is of any help!
JA: What have you tried so far with your Amazon product?
Customer: I have hundreds of books which I buy via my Amazon account. can’t believe I have been blocked by parental control as I didn’t put it on in the first place!!!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so!!
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a bit dubious about having to give card details for what I thought would be simple assistance from Kindle!! Can’t believe I need a pass word for something I didn’t create!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck please? I just need a pass word to get out of kids kindle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found my receipt. Purchased Waterstones 18th Feb 2013. It’s a Paperwhite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why so long? I I update please
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This may be due to a firmware glitch on your Kindle, Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then connect to your wifi and sign in with your Amazon account please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this would have been more straight forward. My kindle is fine. For some reason unknown to me I clicked on to kid section and looked at a book. I then wanted back to my normal adult reading section where all my books are stored and it says I need the adult password ***** parental control. I have never created this so why is it there and how do I get back?
I switched off then on and it is still I kids kindle!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You suggest I call. Can you call me? Cost?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your kidding!!! I can afford that. Surely it’s common there must be an override to release the password!!!!

Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then connect to your wifi and sign in with your Amazon account please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too expensive. This is surely a very simple fault!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorted it myself thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you refund my £5.00.

your welcome.