Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Message on Epson Printer XP 540 states 'The ink pad needs

Customer Question

Message on Epson Printer XP 540 states 'The ink pad needs Service.' How can we do this please?
JA: What Epson model do you have?
Customer: Epson Printer XP540 series
JA: How long has this been going on with your XP540?
Customer: Today message came up on printer
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: We have never done this. What does this mean?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need to press one of the options on my screen or will you get the Printer Technician to chat with me?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please